“The key is to get to know people and trust them to be who they are. Instead, we trust people to be who we want them to be- and when they're not, we cry.” -David Duchovny
Trusting in someone is a difficult thing. Especially if you've trusted people before and they've betrayed that trust. It's unfortunate for the next person who comes along, because before they are even fully a part of your life, they have to face the challenge of earning your wavering trust.
It's really hard for me because I want so badly to see the good in people! It's just my nature. But that often leads me into some sort of heartache. So then I overcompensate by putting up walls, so that nobody can hurt me, possibly hurting them in the process. I have yet to find a really good balance... but it's not for the lack of trying. I feel like I'm constantly walking a tightrope... each step, trying to decide whether to move forward or stand still, hoping that I won't fall and get hurt.
Tuesday, October 4, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment