Monday, February 8, 2010

Locking my keys in my car and other happenings last week...

The first day of February didn't start off so hot... I stopped by the post office after work to drop off some packages and returned to my car to discover that I had locked my keys in... with the motor running. Whoops. Still not quite sure how that happened. Luckily, I can rely on my guy friends to rescue me in such dire circumstances and Blake showed up with a wire hanger, ready to break into my sad little Cavalier. I'm pretty sure he was a car thief in another life, as he had my car unlocked in no time. Note to self: I should probably get a spare key made in case this happens again.

Tuesday was better and full of good news. I had tried out for "Oliver" at Mystique Theater the week before and they had just posted the cast list. I hadn't done a show at Mystique since 2005, so I wasn't expecting much. As it turns out, I was cast as "Bet," who is a principle character (with very few lines but some solos and duets)! I was pretty excited. "Bet" is actually the character I had tried out for the first time I did "Oliver." Becca also made the show, so it will be fun to spend more time with her. Saturday was our first rehearsal and we did a read-through of the script. Lots of great actors have been cast and I think it's going to be a great show!

Wednesday I had the opportunity to go to the Idaho Falls temple with Amy. It's been a while, so it was a very cool experience. The Spirit was strong and I managed to hold my tears until the end (which is practically a miracle). ;) I had an overwhelming feeling that my Heavenly Father was very proud of me- such a great feeling. I look forward to going back.

Thursday was fun- I randomly decided that I wanted to play basketball (weird, huh?) and had the chance to play in my first church basketball game. I'm pretty sure that I'm not very good. :) But I sure had fun. I didn't make any of the shots I put up, but I did hit the rim every time... so maybe with a little practice, I could be better. I did get hit in the shoulder with the ball when I wasn't paying attention and got called for traveling at one point... okay, so I'm not exactly used to this game yet. It was fun hearing my friends from the ward cheering me on, even if I "run funny" (thanks for that remark Ben... like I need something else to be self-conscious about!) I'm hoping my practices with the play don't interfere too much with the basketball schedule- it'd be fun to play again! :)

Friday we had an awesome opportunity to listen to an apostle. Elder Richard G. Scott came to speak to the single wards, at the institute. He spoke on how to make good choices- it was pretty powerful. And he's super funny. :) I'm really glad I got to go.

Saturday I had to go have blood drawn for another thyroid test. Hopefully it'll tell me why I've been so tired all the time. Cory also came home Saturday, which makes my whole family pretty happy. He only has a month though till he's shipped off to Germany. I hope I can spend some time with him while he's here.

And I just got a call- I'm officially the newest employee at Bajio. Which is good, since I REEEEEEAALLY need the money! :) I may end up smelling like rice and beans, but at least I'll be able to pay rent. (Living in my car was looking like a not-so-fun option...) Things are looking up!

No comments: