As expected, this month has had its ups and downs. It's kept me busy, thats for sure. I accepted the job at Bajio, but found that doing dishes for hours on end was not really my cup of tea. I got offered a job at Great Harvest earlier this week and decided that that was a better choice. So, I still have two jobs, just different hours and now I get free bread. Really yummy free bread. :)
The play is going well. We're still in practices right now and the show will open in April. For now, I'm just trying to remember my choreography and hoping to not look like a goober. I'll also be working as a server on the weekend shows, so that should bring in a little extra cash as well. I think it's going to be a really good show and I'm really excited for it to come together.
I got to play basketball again last week, which was fun. And I finally scored! Ben and I had spent like an hour and a half before the game shooting around and practicing, so that probably helped. I think I'll get to play again next week too. Looking forward to it!
Last weekend, I got to decorate my first wedding cake. My stake was putting on an event having to do with the parable of the ten virgins and at the end, it was supposed to be like a wedding reception. So my bishop's wife asked me to make a wedding cake for it. It was good practice, and although I wasn't totally happy with the final product, I received lots of compliments on it. The event was Saturday, and I woke up that morning with the flu, so I didn't even get to go! Sad. I'm feeling better now though, at least.
Cory, Cae Dee, and Abby are all packed up and set to fly Germany tomorrow. We're having our last little get together tonight at my parents house. I'm trying real hard not to think about the fact that I won't get to see them for 3 years. :( I'm really going to miss them.
My thyroid test came back and surprise, surprise, my levels were WAY off. The normal range is 0.5-4.70 and mine was at a 15.74. The higher the number, the slower the thyroid. :P Awesome. So they upped my pills and hopefully I'll start feeling better soon.
I just wanted to take this opportunity to say how grateful I am for my family and friends. They keep me sane. I'm so grateful for everything they do for me- they are my shoulders to cry on, my listening ears, and my therapists. I'm thankful for the love and kindness they show me on a daily basis and I only hope that I can return the favor.
As for upcoming events... this weekend I'm dying my hair, so we'll see how that turns out! Next week: workin' two jobs, play practice, basketball, and a baby shower. So until next time....
Friday, February 26, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment