The last month or so has been very interesting and eventful. At the end of February, my position at the newspaper was eliminated, due to the bad economy. I was extremely upset, not only because I didn't know how I was going to provide for myself, but because I had finally found a job I liked. I was blessed to be given a severance pay and to have my tax returns come in, and also to have previously put money into savings. So the last month and a half, I've had the opportunity to focus on school and other things. There is a position I'm hoping to get at ISU, doing graphic design, so hopefully things work out there.
I've also been given several opportunities to be grateful for my friends over the past couple months. I'm grateful to have Amy as a roommate and friend. She's always there to listen and give good advice. She cares so much for other people... always such a great example. One specific situation where I realized my thankfulness for my friends happened a couple weeks ago. Malarie, Kayla, David, Dak, and I drove down to Spanish Fork, UT for the Festival of Colors. We had a great time and it's definitely something I'll remember for a long time. On the way home, we had a bit of car trouble with my car. I hit a curb pulling into a gas station and it ripped a hole in my transmission pan. So we were stranded. Malarie and Kayla kept me calm and tried to keep my spirits up. Dak and David set out to find a way to fix my car and/or get us home safely. We ended up leaving my car at the repair shop across the street and David's family was kind enough to lend us a car to get home. I'm so grateful that they were all with me.
Monday, April 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment