Monday, July 13, 2009

Tough times... make you stronger?

Its been a rough couple of months. I'm still currently unemployed, with no prospects despite an incredible amount of applications I've filled out. School starts in 6 weeks and with 15 upper-division classes, I don't think I'll have time to work a whole lot, if at all. So I'm currently living off savings, grants, and student loans and thankfully have not run out of money yet. I'm hoping to get a good job after I graduate in December and can work full-time to start paying off my debts and replenishing my savings. I admit, it has been nice not having to work and being able to do what I like, when I like. It does leave a lot of time for boredom to creep in though.

My brother also left, for the Army, and entered basic training in Oklahoma. He'll be there for like 10 weeks or so and then head to his medical training in Texas. Its weird having him gone. He's pretty homesick and missing his daughter. I hope the four years pass quickly.

I'm so very grateful for friends and family who are constantly there for me and help to lift me when I've fallen. They are my grief councilors and shoulders to cry on. Without them, I fear I'd be lost. The gospel has also been a great comfort during this time. I'm so grateful for my Savior and for everything he's done for me. He is the ultimate councilor. What a comfort to know that He knows what I'm feeling and wants me to be happy. Here's hoping that things start looking up!

No comments: