Thursday, July 16, 2009

Daily changes...

Tuesday I went to lunch with my family at New York Burrito, one of my favorite restaurants and also the first place I ever worked. While we were there, I spoke to Carla Rigby, who happens to be the mother of a girl I used to work with there, who now ironically owns the place. I asked her if they were hiring at all. She said she'd call Lindsey (her daughter) and check it out. Later that day Carla called me and asked when I could start work. So, next week I'll return to my first job to work part time. I'm not sure how much I'll be making, but even if it's minimum wage, it'll be over $2 more per hour than I was making there before. I plan on working a couple nights a week during school, just to keep a little extra money coming in. It's not the most exciting job in the world, but I don't think it'll be too stressful so that's nice. Today I also got another call... the manager of Vanity called to check if I had found employment yet. After three months of sending out applications and resumes, I get two job offers in one week! I turned down Vanity, but feel so blessed to have received both offers.

I'm starting to feel the pressure of school starting soon. I still have so many things I want to get done before it starts. I know that once it does, I won't have time for much else. I need to learn how to manage my time better, especially if I'm going to pass my classes this semester. More things to work on to better myself!!!

No comments: